Friday, January 23, 2009

Dutch Fork Football Banquet






We went to Austin's football banquet last night and had a great time. Austin was awarded his first letter in football. Most importantly he was honored as 1 of 30 players who had maintained a at least a 3.0 since they started high school! Austin's current GPA is 3.4 and this is mostly honors classes. As proud as I am of his football accomplishments I know his academic aclomplishments will take him farther. The banquet was well put together and was at Gateway Baptist church in Ballentine. Shealy's BBQ catered the event and the auditorium was decorated in Dutch Fork Colors. Coach Kimrey gave a good speech and has held true to the same thing he told our team 16 years ago. His advice has always been 4 things in life that are important.

#1 Your Faith
#2 Your Family
#3 Your Education
#4 Football

It still rings true to this day. I know this seems like a brag post because it is...Congrats Austin, We're proud of you!!

2 comments:

  1. I know how proud you are---I have had that same feeling for you most all your life. Congrats to Austin, sounds like a young man with a good head on his shoulders. Always tell him how you feel, believe me it helps alot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too am sooo proud!!
    He's come a long way from "Not Now Amy..I am not in the mood, seriously!!"
    LOL...
    And kudos to you Jason, for being such a great inspiration and influence!
    You have done so well shaping him into a respectable man!

    We love you guys so much!!!

    ReplyDelete