Saturday, April 18, 2009

I'm alive and all is well

Been a hectic few weeks and have'nt posted on my blog in so long! My step sister is in the hospital with pnemonia... She is recovering and will be fine and today had to take Grandpa to the hosital. We think some new medicine gave him a bad reaction and after 8 hours and 2 different hospitals he is at home and resting. Been doing ride-a-longs with Richland County Sheriff's office and our Citizen's Academy class graduated last Wednesday. It was an awesome class and we all learned so much. We had a nice dinner and were presented our ceritficates and t-shirts by the Sheriff, Leon Lott. Getting ready to start school on May 18th, really looking forward to that! Been working out at the YMCA once a day, doing 45 minutes on the treadmill now! Trying to get myself back in to shape by working out, bowling twice a week with Grandpa and playing in a softball league once a week. Playing with a buddy from high school on his team. First game I was 3-3 and made a couple of good plays at First base, the second game not so much :( lol. We won the first game 17-12, but lost the second 10-9. Also went on a tour of the Richland County court house last week with the Sheriff's dept, that was an eye opener! Then on Thursday I went to the Dutch Fork Magistrate court to watch the criminal trials. All of the RCSD deputies had court that day and it was very interesting to see the "court" side of what an officer has to due. Everything from simple possession of marijuana to prostitution to drunk in public was being charged that day. Good to see how the court process in carried out and what the officers have to do in court. Just taking the time right now to see all the different facets of law enforcement while I have the chance! The more I see and take in the more it makes me more determined to be a part of it! Well I am going to finish watching the Phoenix NASCAR race and pledge to do more blogging for the few people who read my blog! :)

Take Care,

Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment